Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Tissue Pom Pom's

I have made tissue pom pom's a few times and I am about to make some more this weekend for a baby shower that I am hosting for a friend next weekend. So I thought it would be a good time to share how I make them. 

I use a packet of ten sheets of paper. I like to make each one using ten sheets and I usually spread the whole pile of sheets out and cut in half or thirds depending on what space I am decorating. 
Sometimes I cut the sheet into 1/3 and leave the rest as 2/3's. Then I have a big and small pom pom at the end. 


I fold the sheets of paper in a concertina with folds of about two centimetres. Once it is folded to the end I squeeze it together and cut each end rounded as pictured above right.  



 Using a paper clip or florist wire, twist into a shape to hold the tissue together. Bend the wire to create a hook then you can hang the pom pom's easier. 


Then all you need to do is to gently fan the tissue paper out.


Enjoy!



 Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment